My version of a reader's notebook is now on Amazon.
Reading Notebooks are a great way for students to monitor their own reading progress and allows the teacher to have a ready assessment tool.
Included in this reader’s notebook:
• books that I want to read (reading log)
• a book recommendations form
• reading goals sheet
• my favorite books and favorite authors pages
• genre overview
• a genre graph
• guide to choosing just right books
• a summer reading wish list (when the year is over)
• reading response journal pages that are divided so that the teacher can respond
• blank pages at the end for class handouts
Below you can find downloads for all of the elements in the book. They are all sized so that they can fit into a composition sized notebook. If you click on each picture you will be taken to a page where you can read more about using these tool and also find different versions of them from around the web.