- Make a list of vocabulary words you want to practice with your students. Include the definitions next to the vocabulary words.
- Write vocabulary words on the whiteboard or on sentence strips.
- Obtain two clean flyswatters.
- Divide the class in half
- Have two students from each team stand side by side in front of the whiteboard.
- After you start to read a definition to a word the first student to hit the correct vocabulary word with their flyswatter earns a point for their team.
- Switch players and continue until all of the vocabulary words have been used or until a certain number of points has been reached.
For more vocabulary game ideas visit my vocabulary games page.